Are you interested in adopting one of our pets? Here is the adoption process and qualifications:
- Complete and return the online Adoption Application. The online application is for DOGS ONLY. Please contact Mary about horse adoptions.
- We will then review the application and complete the veterinary reference check of your previous or current pets, if any. We will then contact you with any follow up questions we may have about your application.
- A home visit will be scheduled, and a volunteer will come to your home to verify the home would be suitable for the pet.
- Fenced Yard. This is a strict requirement; please do no ask to be the exception. We require a fence in order to allow for safe, off leash playtime for the dogs.
- Adoptions are done in our local area only (within an hour of Murfreesboro ). We require a home visit as part of the adoption process, and simply cannot travel great distances to complete these visits. Please do not ask to be the exception.
- All current pets must be up to date on shots, heartworm preventatives, flea and tick preventatives, and SPAYED OR NEUTERED.
- There is an adoption fee for each pet. Our adoption fees vary. Please feel free to inquire regarding fees for a specific pet. ALL our adoptable dogs are up to date on required vaccinations (parvo/distemper, bordatella, and rabies), have been dewormed, are heartworm NEGATIVE at the time of adoption, and are on flea and tick preventative (Frontline Plus) and heartworm preventative (Heartgard Plus). All previously heartworm positive dogs will be disclosed as such. All pets are also SPAYED and/or NEUTERED prior to adoption with the exception of puppies deemed not old enough for surgery. In those cases, a spay/neuter deposit is required AND we require the pet be returned to our veterinarians for the required surgery (included in the adoption fee).
Please, respect our decisions regarding the needs of our pets. We have spent time with them in our home environment and make our decisions based on the needs of EACH specific animal. Some are unsuitable for children (usually due to high energy levels, NOT aggression), some are better with the companion of another dog, others would prefer to be an "only child." Don't feel that we are judging your suitability as a pet owner if we reject your application for a specific dog. We are merely trying to place dogs in the environment in which we feel they will have the BEST chance of success. We strongly encourage those outside our adoption area to visit their local Animal Control/Humane Society; there are ALWAYS great pets in need at these facilities.
Please do NOT ask to adopt an unaltered animal for breeding purposes. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES is this acceptable!
Almost Home Animal Rescue of Rutherford County
Murfreesboro, Tennessee 37129
No Phone Calls please; Only Emails